Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My First Blog

I am a Mom of 3 about to enter a new stage in my life with no kids left at home. My youngest daughter is in the middle of her Junior year in high school. My son is an Airman in the US Air Force and my older daughter is in her Junior year in college. Over the years I have been a Girl Scout leader, committee member for my son's Boy Scout troop, band parent, then I graduated to Band Booster Secretary and now President.


When my son entered the Air Force, I was drafted into a whole new world. Much of my life has taken on a new role. I actively look for ways to support our military. Less than a year ago, I found Soldiers' Angels. I have met some really great people who also are committed to supporting our military. Some of my closest friends are the Wingsisters and Wingbrothers I have met online in several of my support groups. 


Last fall, I found a website where an awesome lady, Eve, makes handbags using the fatigues of our servicemen and women. Military Handbag.com takes these fatigues and turns them into amazing handbags and other accessories for family and servicemen. The best part is that a portion of the proceeds goes back to organizations that support the military. This made so much sense to me that in December I joined her company.


You can see all about the handbags and other creations at www.militaryhandbag.com/lori and on Facebook at Lori for Military Handbag.com

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Lori! You've done well just getting here to blog world. I started mine when I was worried David was going into the USAF 3 years ago. He didn't enlist. You know I'm retired USAF and so is his Dad.

    I am extremely proud of all our men and women who serve their country and please thank your son for his service!

    Look forward to visiting again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!It's something I have been thinking about for a little while. When I finished it I sent it to my daughter and asked her why would anyone even read it or care. Thank you for your encouragement and for always being there to help keep me sane during Erik's career. Without people like you and David's dad, we wouldn't be here in the life we have today, a HUGE Thank you for your service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one of the most caring and generous people in this world. I could not have had a better experience growing up. Its amazing to have a mother who cares so much about her children and encourages them to be as successful in life as they can. I hope to one day be as big of a hero to my children as you are to me. Keep up all the amazing stuff you are doing for the soldiers, you are making all of us proud.

    Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete